Simple Punk Rock Music Information Blog

PUNK ROCK MUSIC & MOST FAVOURITE PUNK ROCK BANDS INFORMATION

 
Listen To Some Great Punk Song
GOLDFINGER RANCID NOFX
Sponsored Link
What Is Punk?

So many kids and peoples there thinking what "Punk" really are.There's so many different perception and definition of Punk.
What is the meaning of Punk for you?

Punk is just about music
Attitude is main theme in the term "Punk"
Punk is a lifestyle
Punk is just a stupid thing
Punk is crazy crazy crazy
Hate politics, corruption is Punk
Music and attitude is a true meaning of Punk
Straight Edge?
Punk is everything in life
MyBlogLog Readers
Tonsilot
Goldfinger
Tuesday, February 13, 2007

































It Is Goldfinger

Goldfinger is a ska punk band that formed in 1994. It is largely believed that the band is named after the James Bond film, Goldfinger. They were founded by John Feldmann on vocals and guitar, Simon Williams on bass, Darrin Pfeiffer on drums, and Charlie Paulson on guitar. Before they were signed to a major label, they released an EP titled Richter. Many of the songs on Richter are demo versions of songs on their full length debut, Goldfinger, which was released in 1996 and was a hit on college radio. Their biggest single was "Here in Your Bedroom". Though their second album, Hang-Ups, was less successful, the band still maintained a devoted fanbase in the hardcore community. Their third studio LP was Stomping Ground, which sold poorly in the US but was a modest hit in some European Countries, thanks to a cover of 99 Red Balloons, sung partly in German. 2002's Open Your Eyes was the first for their new record label, Jive/Zomba.
Frontman John Feldmann has produced records for Mest, The Used and Story of the Year. He also produced Good Charlotte's single "The Anthem", which was originally named "Oracle of Elcaro". Since the band began, Feldmann has become a vegan and animal rights supporter, as can be seen briefly in the music video for "Open Your Eyes". In early 2005, they released their first album for their new label, Maverick Records, titled "Disconnection Notice". It featured the single "Wasted". The CD was less well received compared to former Goldfinger albums. Former band members include founding bassist Simon Williams, who left the band following Hang-Ups, and Brian Arthur, who left the band following Disconnection Notice.
"99 Red Balloons" also featured in Not Another Teen Movie along with Eurotrip, and their cover of The Spiral Starecase's "More Today Than Yesterday" plays during the ending credits of The Waterboy. "Superman" was also featured in the comedy Kingpin
Goldfinger's song "I want" from their album Disconnection Notice is featured in Burnout Revenge on the Playstation 2, Xbox, and Xbox 360, and the song "My Everything" is also on the same album but is instead from EA Games "SSX On Tour"
2006 saw Alternative Press Magazine list the self titled Goldfinger CD as one "10 albums that shaped 1996" along side No Doubt, Weezer and others.
After the band member Brian Arthur resigned, Goldfinger announced that their old guitarist Charlie Paulson would return. An article is posted on their myspace account and they returned to their old logo. A new web page is in the process of being updated and a new album will be released in the first half of 2007, which Paulson states will sound like "old school Goldfinger." The new record will be released on the independent record lable Side One Dummy.
Darrin Pfeiffer has recently told fans on their myspace page that "I'm thinking a late summer release date; June...July, maybe....who knows", stateing that it is a mix between Iron Maiden and Celine Dion.


Source: Wikipedia



Goldfinger - 99 Red Ballons

You and I in a little toy shopbuy a bag of balloons with the money we've got
Set them free at the break of dawn'
Til one by one, they were gone
Back at base, bugs in the software
Flash the message, "Something's out there"
Floating in the summer sky
99 red balloons go by.

99 red balloons floating in the summer sky
Panic bells, it's red alert
There's something here from somewhere else
The war machine, it springs to life
Opens up one eager eye
Focusing it on the sky
As 99 red balloons go by.

99 Decision Street, 99 ministers meet
To worry, worry, super-scurry
Call out the troops now in a hurry
This is what we've waited for
This is it boys, this is war
The president is on the line
As 99 red balloons go by.

99 Kriegsminister
Streichholz und Benzinkanister
Hielten sich für schlaue Leute
Witterten schon fette Beute
Riefen: Krieg und wollten Macht
Mann, wer haette das gedacht
Dass es einmal soweit kommt
Wegen 99 Luftballons

99 dreams I have had
In every one a red balloon
It's all over and I'm standin' pretty
In the dust that was a city
If I could find a souvenir
Just to prove the world was here...
And here it is, a red balloon
I think of you and let it go.


Goldfinger - Stalker


Oh oh oh oh oh oh oh
Oh oh oh WOO!

She calls me on the phone
Hoping that I'm home
And that I'm all alone
But when I say hello,
I only hear dial tone
She thinks that I'm her own
Outside my window she crept,
Watching my every step

[Chorus]
Oh oh oh
She's following me
Oh oh oh
She's out of her tree
Oh oh oh
She's off of her rocker
I want to marry my stalker

Oh oh oh oh oh oh oh
Oh oh oh WOO!

Sometimes she says she's my mom,
Looks like she doesn't belong
She's my own peeping tomFlowers every day
The cops they tell her to stay500 feet away.
She's sleeping on my doorstep
She hasn't hurt me yet

[Chorus]
Oh oh oh
She's following me
Oh oh oh
She's out of her tree
Oh oh oh
She's off of her rocker
I want to marry my [x3] stalker

[Bridge]
This morning she wasn't there
I hope that she still cares
I almost gave up hope
But today i awoke
To a private note
She says she's going to jail
For going through my mail
But she'll stay on my trail

[Chorus x2]
Oh oh oh
She's following me
Oh oh oh
She's out of her tree
Oh oh oh
She's off of her rocker
I want to marry my [x3] stalker
oh oh oh oh oh oh oh [x2]I want to marry my stalker
posted by shudai @ 10:14 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Find Something?
Google
About Me









Name: shudai
Home: Tandek, Kota Marudu, Sabah, Malaysia
About Me:
I am actually GAARA
Pages
Archives
Say Somethin' !!

Blog Directory
Arakne-Links Directory Blogarama Technorati Profile Music Blogs - Blog Top Sites
Links
Powered by


    BLOGGER

© Simple Punk Rock Music Information Blog Support By My Nokia Blog