Simple Punk Rock Music Information Blog

PUNK ROCK MUSIC & MOST FAVOURITE PUNK ROCK BANDS INFORMATION

 
Listen To Some Great Punk Song
GOLDFINGER RANCID NOFX
Sponsored Link
What Is Punk?

So many kids and peoples there thinking what "Punk" really are.There's so many different perception and definition of Punk.
What is the meaning of Punk for you?

Punk is just about music
Attitude is main theme in the term "Punk"
Punk is a lifestyle
Punk is just a stupid thing
Punk is crazy crazy crazy
Hate politics, corruption is Punk
Music and attitude is a true meaning of Punk
Straight Edge?
Punk is everything in life
MyBlogLog Readers
Tonsilot
NOFX
Tuesday, February 13, 2007




























About NOFX (according to Mike)

Mike start it at 1983.....

"Here's what I do remember. I was sitting with a kid named Dillon in our usual spot with the other punkers during lunchtime at Fairfax high school. He was a drummer, and we were dissatisfied with the bands we were in. My band consisted of me and my one and only Punk Rock friend both playing guitar and singing and that was it. Neither one of us had finished any songs. Not quite a recipe for success.
So I sez to my friend, let's start a band. A real band, a band that does stuff. A band that writes songs, practices, puts out records, and goes on tour. We talked about who else we wanted in this band. We knew lots of good people from going to punk gigs around LA. He knew a Bass player named Mike who used to be in a band called False Alarm. We both knew a guy named Steve from Orange County who we agreed would make a great front man. We made some calls and arranged to meet and have a first practice.
That's when I first met Mike. Mike was a huge Misfits fan. He looked like a Misfits fan. His hair was long in front and it was all hairsprayed together to a point down the middle of his face in what was called a "Devilock". Mike had some songs for us to play. I had written a song called "Take Part". It sounded an awful lot like Minor Threat's version of the Monkees' Stepping Stone. Steve didn't go to that first practice, he couldn't get a ride up from Orange county. After that first practice Dillon quit and Mike called up Erik. Mike and Erik had met a couple of years earlier while skateboarding around Hollywood. Erik liked Mike's Black Flag skateboard. It was Punk. Mike had asked Erik to join False Alarm back then, but Erik's mom wouldn't let him do it 'cuz he had no driver's license yet. Later on, when we asked him to play drums with us he was in a band called Caustic Cause. Erik joined us but his other band would have to have priority. We were supposed to be a 4-piece but practiced as a 3-piece, Steve hadn't made it to one practice yet."

Now it is NOFX were stand as one of most well known punk rock band and they're not just there. Mike, the frontman of NOFX build their own label called Fat Wreck Chords, collect a bunch of shit punk, indie and emo band. Stand as a punk.


NOFX-Franco Un-American

I never thought about the universe, it made me feel small
Never thought about the problems of this planet at all
Global warming, radio-active sites
Imperialistic wrongs and animal rights! No!

Why think of all the bad things when life is so good?
Why help with an 'am' when there's always a 'could'?
Let the whales worry about the poisons in the sea
Outside of California, it's foreign policy

I don't want changes, I have no reactions
Your dilemmas are my distractions
That's no way to go, Franco Un-American
No way to go, Franco Un-American
No way to go, Franco Un-American
No way to go, Franco, Franco Un-American

I never looked around, never second-guessed
Then I read some Howard Zinn now I'm always depressed
And now I can't sleep from years of apathy
All because I read a little Noam Chomsky

I'm eating vegetation, 'cause of Fast Food Nation
I'm wearing uncomfortable shoes 'cause of globalization
I'm watching Michael Moore expose the awful truth
I'm listening to Public Enemy and Reagan Youth

I see no world peace 'cause of zealous armed forces
I eat no breath-mints 'cause they're from de-hoofed horses
Now I can't believe; what an absolute failure
The president's laughing 'cause we voted for Nader

That's no way to go, Franco Un-American
No way to go, Franco Un-American
No way to go, Franco Un-American
Where can we go, Franco Un-American

I want to move north and be a Canadian
Or hang down low with the nice Australians
I don't want to be another "I-don't-care"-ican
What are we gonna do Franco, Franco Un-American


Drugs Are Good

1-2-fuck off, drop out, never trust a fucking hippie
And for that matter don't trust anyone.
Quit school, don't work, livin' out the music de punk.
If I could do it so could anyone.

Drugs are good, they let you do things that you know you not should.
And when you do 'em people think that you're cool.
And when you do 'em people think that you're cool.

1-2-join a punk band, shave your head and get a tattoo.
You don't need talent just sing out of tune.
Self destruction, no moral to throw it on me.
For no particular reason beat up everyone.

Drugs are neat, and you can buy 'em relatively cheap.
And when you do 'em people think that you're cool.
And when you do 'em people think that you're cool.

posted by shudai @ 9:58 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Find Something?
Google
About Me









Name: shudai
Home: Tandek, Kota Marudu, Sabah, Malaysia
About Me:
I am actually GAARA
Pages
Archives
Say Somethin' !!

Blog Directory
Arakne-Links Directory Blogarama Technorati Profile Music Blogs - Blog Top Sites
Links
Powered by


    BLOGGER

© Simple Punk Rock Music Information Blog Support By My Nokia Blog